Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Playing Catch-up

Alright folks, just a few house-keeping type tidbits that I've been meaning to post but just haven't had the chance to (however right now I'm sitting in the library, waiting for a royalty-free music file to download so I can finish working on my video for the communications department, so I figured it would be a good time). Here goes:

1. I have a new blog. Yes, you heard me right... I'm now getting paid to blog for the Nicholas School (the environmental school at Duke) to attract prospective students. If you really feel like you just can't get enough of me, and want to read my somewhat propaganda-ish attempts to attract new students, you can find it here . As always, comments are welcome... however, since it's a school-based blog, and it's meant for incoming students, please keep any personal comments confined to this site! (I want to keep that one relatively professional)

2. I've decided to give the Flickr thing another try... (originally I wasn't fond of the monthly upload limit, so I didn't bother adding any photos). I've just got random stuff up right now, but I'll try to post any of my new/exciting pictures there for folks to see, since many of you probably have accounts (or at least a lot of the family does, as far as I know). Find me here! (And friend me, too... so far I only have one friend, and that makes me le sad.)

3. I'm hoping to make it home Dec. 10th or so, and will be sticking around the Ottawa area until Jan. 5th or 6th I think, so hopefully I'll get to see a lot of you fine people (or at least those who are still in the area...) Give me a shout and we'll set something up!

4. My recent mind-blowing realization: In the past 3 weeks, I have seen the sun set over the Pacific ocean, and over the Atlantic ocean. I've decided to provide some evidence, firstly because I barely believe it myself, and secondly because it's just plain purty.

Pacific Sunset:


Atlantic Sunsets:




Compare and Contrast.

That's all for now!

No comments: