Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Someone up there must be reeeeeaaalllllyyy enjoying this...

How is it that it rained most of the summer when I was at home, and was so dry here that they had burn restrictions? How is it that before I got to North Carolina, they hadn't had any sort of rain in over 4 weeks, yet the second day I was here (and at least 4 times since then) it poured? How is it that It has been CASCADING RAIN for the last 3 days, and will be storming for at LEAST the next 5 (and possibly more, but that's all the weather network shows me) due to hurricane Gustave, leaving me to walk 15 minutes to and from class every day in thunder storms and torrential downpours because I didn't get a parking pass and there are only 6 parking meters on campus, which are ALWAYS BEING USED??? They even had tornado warnings out this afternoon! Now THAT's a little excessive, don't you think?

Not fair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you had a visit from Gustave yet?

Jackie S. Quire said...

THE HURRICANE'S NAME IS GUSTAVE!?
Is he a smunking troll under your sink?
Maybe he's pissed off after years of covert sink smunking and now is back and ready for revenge.
Hey, it could happen

Robyn said...

Weirdly, that's the exact same train of thought that I had when I first heard of hurricane Gustave...

Plus it makes me chuckle every time I hear the name. Which is probably not a good thing when it comes to deadly hurricanes.