Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Photo a Day Keeps the Crazy Away....

I've never been the kind of girl who made or kept New Years resolutions.... but I have always observed Lent. When I was little, I consistently gave up chocolate, chips, pop, gum... whatever my vice happened to be that year. But as the years progressed, there seemed to be less and less to give up. I don't really eat candy, I rarely eat chips, I don't drink pop at all, I've stopped chewing gum for the most part (unless it's to keep me awake during especially boring classes... then I'll pop a piece). Really, my only vices right now are lattes and peanut butter (not together. Ew.), and I can't really give up either one of those, since lattes are my back-up source of calcium and peanut butter is my back-up source of protein. (Yes, I need to grocery shop more often.) So, this year instead of giving things up for Lent, I've decided to make goals instead.

Which brings me to the point of this posting. My goal for Lent is to spend a little time each day with my camera. Each day, I will produce a photo/photo series/photoshop disasterpiece for your general enjoyment, and my overall sanity. This is me forcing myself to take time away from the stress of school, and do something that I actually enjoy and makes me feel saner. I'm convinced school is killing my creativity, so this is me rebelling.

I will not go gentle into that good night. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light! (Thank you, Dylan Thomas)

So, with no further ado, here is my first photo series:

"A Study in Sweet Hearts"







Keep checking back, I'm going to try and keep up with this photo-a-day thing... there will be a brief hiatus from March 6-15th while I head to Costa Rica, but expect more photos after that!

Oh, and I'll be cross-posting to Facebook if you want to keep an eye on my images there.

No comments: